Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Overdrive

The last assignment was to go into Overdrive and look around and listen to an excerpt from one of the books. I hunted through the fiction titles and listened to an excerpt from Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. That was pretty easy but when I tried to download the whole book, my computer said that I didn't have enough authority. Oh well, maybe I'll try it from home sometime.

When the library first got Overdrive, I had gone in and downloaded some books and thought that the program was a pretty neat concept. It's so convenient to be able to go online and download books from home. It was kind of frustrating trying to find something that I wanted though. The way that the program works, is only one person is allowed to check out a title at a time. It seemed like every title that I tried to check out was already taken and I would have to wait. On top of that, there were only 352 titles in the fiction collection, a pretty small selection.

I do like how easy Overdrive is to use though (when your computer lets you download the software). I am sure I will be using this in the future at my home.

No comments: