Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cool Website

For this thing I decided to explore the website: www.hotpads.com. This is a real estate tool that allows you to find homes for sale or rent. All you have to do is put in some basic search terms such as location, price, #bedrooms, #bathrooms, etc. and it will generate either a list or a map of all of the homes that match that criteria. I liked this tool because of the draggable map feature it had. You can get an idea of where the properties are located so you can just look at the ones you're interested in. There is also a combination search where you can search for the homes for sale and rent. It's an easy way to compare pricing if you don't know what you want to do.

One thing I didn't like about this site was it took me a little while to figure out how to change the search terms on the website. It also took a lot of clicking to get it to do what I wanted.

Overall, I think this could be a useful and easy-to-use tool for library patrons who want to find out what's available to buy or rent.

No comments: