Sunday, June 8, 2008

Del.icio.us

I found out about Del.icio.us a while ago and thought it would be a neat tool to use. I had even created a account to use. I think that with any type of new technology, this is a great and useful thing to have but the problem is you have to get yourself in the habit of referring to it. Since I created my account a while back, I have not added anything to it. So, today I went in and started adding links.

I really liked the tagging feature. I had never thought of doing that before. You do have to be careful when tagging. For example, if there are 2 words in the tag, you still want to put them together into one. I added some reader's advisory links to my account. I originally tagged them reader's advisory. When I looked at my list of tags later, I had one for readers and another for advisory. I had to go back and edit the tag so that it was readersadvisory. I also have to be careful that there is uniformity with the tags, otherwise, when I'm searching for something I may never find anything because I haven't tagged similar links with the same tags. If I've tagged one books, I have to tag all similar ones books not book or reading, etc. because when I click on the tag, it will not sort it together.

I do like having a place I can go for all of my favorite links, so I think I'm going to get into the habit of using it more often.

No comments: